Saturday, January 8, 2011

Undulgence

This weekend Rob and are totally indulging. We are paying way too much for a hotel room. We are eating dinner at the top of the Mark Hopkins and probably paying 20 dollars a glass for wine. We are going to a spa that may or may not bankrupt a person. Am I a hypocrite for taking this short trip during this challenge. My answer is no. I am not going to explain my reasoning because I find it is quite sound, but it raises an interesting question. How often do you really indulge...big or small? Really think about this. If everyday you are indulging in something than your finances are probably a little out of whack and you may have gained a few pounds and you are most likely less satisfied with life in general. Why? You are likely more concerned with yourself than others if you are indulging in what makes you happy every single day. You may be trying to find rest in happiness instead of rest in God. Also, I can't help but think that when you really choose to indulge it may mean less if you are already doing it daily. I am also speaking to myself here. Go through a day and measure your indulgences. Depriving yourself for the sake of another may bring more happiness than the indulgence itself.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I indulge myself at all. or maybe I indulge myself all the time and as a result I don't even realize that I'm indulging myself. maybe I should think about this more and write a blog post of my own. I think in order to really think clearly on this I should go to a nice bed and breakfast in napa valley...get a massage and relax. THEN I should be able to get a grip on this whole "indulgence" thing. good post. :-)

    ReplyDelete